The World of Warcraft players were outraged by the server queue issue they had recently encountered in the newly released Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-patch, and finally, Blizzard has issued a response.
The report from the Blizzard forum was shared, explaining the ongoing issues and the different plans for the fixes.
The biggest point that Blizzard devs made in the statement was that the Mega-realms in both the USA and the UK are completely full and there won’t be any attempts to make it stronger.
Today, crow and incoming transfers are both on the US and the EU markets. They are not locked on their lands and there aren’t plans for their misery to happen.
This was a difficult choice, and we felt heavy-handed. The post titled WoW Classic dev Aggrend says.
By doing that, we will reduce the chances of new players and returning players to join their friends on these big realms, and possibly for many months. This is hardly possible at all, so even if we can reduce the queues in short term, it will continue to be a problem when new content becomes available as long as megarealms exist.
In a previous attempt to resolve the problem, Blizzard gave free character transfer for players on populated servers, while the devs still called for more players to move.
Blizzard says these moves are the best and only way forward to resolve the server queue and if it doesn’t happen, things’ll be worsening once the game gets live earlier this month.
The developers warn of the lack of technology solutions. There is no hardware solution. This situation will not change when the Wrath of the Lich King Classic starts on September 26th, but only get worse.
It remains to be seen whether or not the players follow this guidance or are looking at more problems only when WOTLK Classic arrives on Monday, Sept. 26.