Fitbit and Garmin are two of our favourite health manufacturers competing for a similar viewers area of interest, so it is unsurprising that they do not allow you to robotically share exercise information with one another like you’ll be able to with Strava or different apps. However there’s a easy one-time workaround for those who’re switching from Fitbit to Garmin however do not wish to lose your information; all you want are your login credentials for each apps. Here is the right way to sync Fitbit information with Garmin Join.
The right way to export Fitbit information
1. Go to the Fitbit Data Export (opens in new tab) web page in your net browser. If it’s worthwhile to discover it your self sooner or later, go to fitbit.com (opens in new tab), click on the Settings cog within the prime proper, after which click on Information Export within the left sidebar.
2. Select a time interval of knowledge to export, be sure that the file format is CSV, and click on Obtain.
3. Fitbit solely permits you to export as much as 31 days of knowledge at a time and solely has “this month” and “final month” as choices for the utmost size. However you may also create a Customized size of any 31-day interval. To test which days to export, click on Log > Actions to see each exercise saved; you’ll be able to then obtain CSV information for each previous month since Garmin will settle for a couple of file.
The right way to import Fitbit information into Garmin Join
1. Log into Garmin Connect (opens in new tab) on the internet.
2. Click on the cloud icon within the top-right, then Import information.
3. Drag your Fitbit CSV information out of your downloads folder into the Drop information right here field.
4. Select your language, imperial or metric items, date format, and quantity format in your imported Fitbit information, and click on Proceed to formally import it to Join.
What Fitbit information is exported to Garmin Join
Fitbit would not give Garmin the entire information you’d discover neatly interpreted with a Fitbit Premium account. It provides particular information that Garmin will itself attempt to interpret for its personal algorithms.
First, Fitbit will give a day by day breakdown of energy burned, steps, distance traveled, flooring climbed, and minutes spent sedentary, calmly lively, pretty lively, or very lively. It would not seem to export particular information like your coronary heart price common or max, as an alternative simply focusing in your degree of exercise.
In case you used Fitbit to log meals information, it’ll export your energy, fats, fiber, carbs, sodium, protein, and water consumption. And it’ll export your day by day weight totals, BMI, and fats proportion for those who logged that information.
Choosing the proper Garmin expertise
Now that you realize it is potential to save lots of your Fitbit information in your subsequent smartwatch, you may wish to select which Garmin smartwatch to purchase. Runners will need the Garmin Forerunner 255 for its day by day exercise suggestions and reliable two-week battery life. On the identical time, gym-goers will favor the Garmin Venu 2 Plus for its animated on-watch workouts and Body Battery score just like Fitbit’s Day by day Readiness rating. However fortunately, there are a ton of different choices with the identical entry to Garmin’s thorough exercise metrics and strategies!
Collects operating information and tells you the right way to use it
The Forerunner 255 is the perfect runners’ watch obtainable, packing 30 hours of GPS monitoring per cost, dual-frequency GPS information, the most recent Garmin Elevate HRM with coronary heart price variance information, morning experiences telling you ways exhausting to work out that day, and tons of different instruments to get you operating the appropriate manner. These suggestions will work particularly effectively because of that imported Fitbit information!